Monday, February 29, 2016

Hello my family! 

First off I had a really scary dream last night that I came home from my mission and I was watching Adam play soccer (which is funny) and he totally fell and he broke his back and there was lots of blood....safe to say glad Adam is okay.

PS Congrats Adam on beating LCC and being the league basketball champs, also for making the volleyball team without ever playing before haha I cant believe you are 6´3! 

SO this week was still hard. BUT MIRACLES HAPPENED! 
Wednesday we had conference all day. First Elder Bednar came to Buenos Aires and we got to watch it.  Then after we had our zone conference with President! Literally one of the most spiritually uplifting days on my mission... I really needed it! 

One thing that really helped me and stood out from Elder Bednars message was from something his wife said. The whole conference was kind of a question and answer type of thing. This one sister asked, ¨How can we be more humble on the mission?¨or something like that. Then Elder Bednar turned to his wife and said I think I'll have the most humble person I know answer that question. She was so honest in her response I loved it and I cried. She said: 

When I was a young girl I didn’t want to go on a mission, because I didn’t think I could do it. The bishop called me in and asked me to serve, but I said no because I didn’t have the faith to go. Then she continued to say that when the stake president knocked on the door to tell her that Elder Bednar was going to be one of his councilors, she fell to the floor and cried to Heavenly Father and said, “Ï don’t think I can do this¨ And when Elder Bednar told her that he was going to be an apostle the first thing she said was, Ï don’t think I can do this¨. Then she went on to say how there where many times in her life when she didn’t think she could do it, but Heavenly Father always gave her the strength to do the impossible. And she closed with her talk saying, now I’m serving a mission and He is helping me do it. 

I appreciated so much her honesty! There have defiantly been moments on my mission where I fell to the floor crying saying to Heavenly Father. “Ï don’t think I can to this.¨ But that is the thing about trials, we learn how to use the enabling power of the Atonement.  I am seriously learning so much here in the mission. More than I ever thought I could! 

After the whole conference I had an interview with President to explain, well... everything. He had no idea about my first area. And it felt so good to tell him! HE IS LITERALLY THE BEST. He told me some personal stories that helped and also told me that I was a good missionary and that he was happy to have me here in the mission. I didn’t realize how badly I needed to hear those words from my mission president until I heard them. I defiantly left that conference with a lot more faith and ANIMOS! 

Okay so yeah the miracles of last Sunday! So one of the teenagers, Bruno, he is 14 is all ready for baptism. He even went to EFY! So this Saturday he is getting baptized with another little boy Diego...who is the last one in his family to get baptized! (his family is less active but they have been slowly coming back to church so the bishop gave his okay!)

Then the family that came, we got to visit them too last week! SO they live about 45min by bus and they come to church every Sunday... dedication. They are golden! They are only waiting on one of the sisters to want to get baptized...they said she was having some problems. 

On Friday we finally got to meet with the sister and she started crying right from the begging and said that she feels panic and fear and she just wants peace in her life! Wow I felt so strongly that I needed to share the moments when I had those similar feelings and when I did, the member that was with us also opened up about how she had panic attacks but then saw a psychologist and felt so much better and how it was such a great support for her! It was awesome! I have so much Love for the Familia Cueso! 

Sorry this was so long and all over the place! Love you all! THANK YOU ALL FOR THE LETTERS I READ THEM ALL EVERYWEEK, Solomente I don’t have much time to write everyone back! Oh PS Lilly and Nathan I got your letter! Thank you!!! 


Hermana Allen


No comments:

Post a Comment