Tuesday, January 12, 2016


HELLO! 

SO wow this week was interesting. So we went to the doctor for Hermana Aliaga and we did a blood test and everything. The doctor said that she has problems with her intestine and it’s not her appendix. So she gave her some meds...but they haven’t been working so well. We think that maybe she has a parásito from her last area...today we tried meds for parasites. After every meal she feels a lot of pain. :( 

I’ve also learned a lot this week and Heavenly father has been teaching me some lessons. This week we had zone conference and I received a letter from Dani, in it she talked about finding blessings during our trials and it has been on my mind all week. The beginning of the week I felt kind of frustrated.  Frustrated because I felt like our investigators were having problems and we couldn’t visit them, guilt because ...well not doing a whole lot of missionary work. However, every time we have weekly planning we have companionship inventory and Hermana Aliaga started to cry and express her feelings and I felt the spirit say to me that you haven’t been a very good companion this week. Eso es verdad. I’ve been so preoccupied with our numbers and with my own problems that I wasn’t really thinking about how my companion is feeling and have been expecting her to do things that she physically and emotionally couldn’t handle. So I changed my attitude and began to look for the blessings in my life and it completely changed my week. idk...I feel the love of God more and just feel a huge desire to help my companion! Please pray for her! 

After the doctor this week we had lunch with Rosa and because of the rain the streets were flooded and so was the casa de Rosa. (she basically lives outside) I felt so sad, but she was so patient and humble and happy while her house was being flooded. We tried for a few hours to ¨sweep¨ the rain out of her house...but it didn’t do much good. A lot of houses were affected really badly :( we saw police cars with canoes attached to the back....yeah so that was interesting. Also this week we had a very spiritual lesson con Rosa. I’ve been really worried about her lately because she is has relapsed and is smoking a ton again. But this week idk she had a desire to learn and participate in our lessons it was so great! She also shared a story I’ve never heard before about how before the missionaries came to her house she was in such a DARK place. Like really dark. She would cry everyday and couldn’t sleep. But then the missionaries came and she is just so happy and can see the blessing in her life. THE PEOPLE HERE ARE SO AMAZING. Literally they have casi nothing. But they are so grateful and SERVE so much! I love when people describe the gospel as a light. 

Also we saw Ruben yesterday en the street that was a miracle because he lives far away and his phone was broken so we couldn’t visit him this week and he didn’t come to church. He was covered in dirt carrying a shovel and I asked ¨you worked all day didn’t you?” He said yeah ....having some troubles right now with money and his family. Once again my heart was aching for Ruben. I asked him what we could do to help...if he needed food or algo and he just looked at me and said “you have done everything for me already... I’m okay”. Ah missionary work is the best. THE GOSPEL IS OUR LIGHT! Especially in those moments when its hard to find some. 

Have a great week! LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST DAD IN THE WORLD!
Hermana Allen 
Flooding in Simoca

Casa de Rosa

Hermana Allen's Crocks have come in handy.

San Javier Statue in Tucuman

Crashed another Zones Activity.  San Javier Statue


No comments:

Post a Comment