Monday, November 23, 2015



Buen Dia! 

Not going to lie this week was really weird. Haha  A lot of traveling, but we still saw milagros! Tuesday and Wednesday I traveled to Salta for my visa paper work...boring. Friday we had zone conference with Presidente and that took all day, and then yesterday we had to be in our casa by 7 because of elections. Mom, I got your packages! PEANUT BUTTER. thank you. haha 

So Friday night we had time for one appointment with Ruben. When he arrived he just looked so sad. We asked if he was okay, and he just kind of shrugged and said he had a bad day and wasn’t going to come to the appointment with us, but decided to anyway. We shared a scripture with him about faith, patience, and hope in the mists of our trials. Right before the closing prayer he gets a phone call from his girlfriend, and comes back into the room sobbing. It was so painful to watch. His girlfriend broke up with him over the phone and said she doesn’t want anything to do with him. A very dramatic night....oh and we also found out that his girlfriend is my age! They have two kids.....Ruben is 26. Hermana Nunez and I were talking about it after of how we just felt so sad for him, but at the same time we felt so peaceful. Maybe this is his answer to his prayers. The next day he said that he moved out, is now living with his parents, came to church yesterday, and seems to be doing a lot better! We are preparing for him to be baptized December 12th! God is aware of our needs and the needs of others. 

Something that has been really frustrating for me lately is that I am from America. haha Sometimes the people here are so distracted by my accent or where I am from that they don’t listen to a word I'm saying. At first I thought that it was because what I was saying was bad Spanish or just wrong, but Hermana Nunez says I speak correctly. Literally I will be baring my testimony and people will interrupt me... where are you from? How long have you been in Simoca? The other day I was sharing a very personal experience and the investigator interrupts me and says ..."Have you ever been in love?" "Don’t you miss your family?" haha so random. My favorite question is... "Why are you here?" BECAUSE I HAVE A MESSAGE TO SHARE! haha so please listen! :) 
okay sorry for the venting. 

So I completely forgot that this week is Thanksgiving until I read your letter mom....haha HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Time is going by so so fast. This transfer is flying by!

Zone Conference was really good! We talked a lot about finding families to teach! I’ve never been so pumped to share the gospel! So another milagro....when visiting less active families we found two primary aged kids who haven’t been baptized and have started teaching them! At first I was a little hesitant with Leandro because his family doesn’t come to church and I wanted to make sure if he were to get baptized it was because he actually wanted to, and that he can have someone take him to church. Two weeks ago his family came, but then they missed a week. When we explained to him that we would have to post pone his baptism he was SO SAD. It was sweet. He is such a good example to me. Always wants to pray, and participate and he came to church with us all by himself yesterday! 

Fun fact about Hermana Nunez.
One day we were walking in the street as missionaries do, and she just starts singing...”I’m a Barbie girl”!!! Haha I just about died. Literally I love the random things people like or hear about America. One day a family asked me..."What do they eat in US?" uhhh...idk haha everything. 
In Argentina it is: carne and pasta. 

Sorry this letter is all over the place! Thank you for your prayers and love and support! Be happy! Be brave, my champions! 

Hermana Allen

Learning how to make Ravioli the Argentine way
Bus Ride to Salta


Hermana Allen with Hermanas from her MTC district

Group Photo
Mission Conference in Salta

Argentina Salta Missionaries


No comments:

Post a Comment