Monday, October 12, 2015


mucho amor por mi familia
Hola Familia! 
This week has been EXHAUSTING, but so good. We had two baptisms on Friday for Gladys and Maria Rosa. YAY!  I loved seeing their countenance change. I have so much love for them. 
When I first met Maria Rosa, I kind of felt like she was angry, but now she radiates joy. The gospel changes lives. I later learned that her son was killed by her other son accidentally. SO SAD.
She loves the idea that she can go to the temple and do work for her son. She keeps asking my about family history and I think it is so awesome! 

So sad news. Hermana Piava wont be able to extend her mission anymore because her family didn’t give her permission. We spent a whole day trying to get in contact with her family in Brazil (with presidents permission of course). We spent all day trying to call, find someone on facebook to talk to, and finally we got a hold of her aunt who informed us that her mom isn’t happy with her decision (her family are not members). So looks like ill be getting a new companion in a few weeks...which scares me because now I have to learn the area and basically know how do to everything haha. 
I am so grateful for my family. Watching Hermana Piava have so much pain this week made me realize how BLESSED I AM. I love my family so much and I am so grateful I have so many loving and supportive people in my life. I keep a picture of our family in my scriptures and EVERYONE says how beautiful and young my parents are hahaha. Also every little kid asks if I know someone famous.... maybe all they know of California is Hollywood? Haha idk I think it's funny. 

This week we also had zone conference! We talked a lot about diligence and asking inspired questions with our investigators. Also we found out that in November Quinten L Cook is coming to speak to us! Wahoo!
Each day I am faced with things I keep needing to improve and work on. I love how all the Christ like attributes work together. When you strive to develop one, others follow. 

Pray for Rosa please. Yesterday we stopped by her house before church and she was sleeping. She came to the door and told us that she would hurry and shower and then meet us there...but she didn’t come...which is unusual for her. We stopped by later that day and she started to cry. She is frustrated because she has watched so many people get baptized before her and I think she is just feeling down. She also told us that she is worried about having enough money for food. Hopefully things will turn around for her! Pray that her divorce will go through soon so that she can get baptized. 

Be Brave little champions! 
Con amor, 
Hermana Allen 

PS CONGRATS TO STEVEN AHHHH GERMANY!!! ALSO TO JOSH AND SKIPPY! MISSIONS ARE THE BEST!!!!!!

Baptism of Gladys and Maria Rosa
"The one day it was SO cold I thought it was going to snow!"
Hermana Allen's field she loves!  
She rides her bike past every day
"Gladys with her grandson.  
He kept on trying to throw the cat on Hermana Piava."

Laundry- Hermana Allen's favorite. Ha!










No comments:

Post a Comment