Monday, October 10, 2016

Whelp this week was very interesting . I think I calculated that I spent more than 25 hours in collectivo this week. I had to travel to my new area and then we had to travel to Salta and back for consejo de lideres. hahah 

My first impressions of my new area:

1. THE MEMBERS ARE AWESOME. Everyone calls me hija and already knows my name. Every family asks what I want to eat and then makes it for me. (I’ve lost all hope to not gain weight here) 
2.  IT IS HUGE. We practically don’t even walk. We have to take buses everywhere all like 20 min in a bus from each other.
3. MY APARTMENT IS CHETO. It’s two stories. I have a washing machine that actually washes the clothes. I’m a happy camper. 

We might have a baptism this week of an 8 year old but we will see. We are also teaching a woman really great! Her son took his life and she is as you can imagine not very good emotionally but loves when we come over! She wants to get baptized but still can’t even leave the house.....so we just have to have paciencia with her. 

One thing that made me sad

Well this is one of the nicer areas I’ve been in. Almost everyone has a house with tile compared to dirt floors. There have been many times on my mission were I have wanted to cry because of the poverty that we see. But yesterday.....killed me. We went to a neighborhood where the people are more humble and literally in the middle of the neighborhood is a dump. Trash everywhere and there is a little walkway to cross through the garbage to get to one of our investigatores house.  As we were walking I saw a little hut made of Sticks and a family watching TV, but not all the family could fit inside so the parents had to watch outside the house IN THE MIDDLE OF A DUMP. We have to be so grateful for the things we have. 

Hope everyone has a great week! I’m also thinking about you and praying for you!

LOVE 

Hermana Allen 





No comments:

Post a Comment