Friday, July 17, 2015

"...the Power of the Book of Mormon is What Changes People Most"

Hola Familia! 

This week has gone by so fast I can't believe it! Next week I will be half way through the CCM and it is seriously amazing I love it so much! 
I thought I would share with you what I do pretty much everyday:

6:30 Wake up
7:00 Breakfast
8:00-12:00 Clase de Espanol 
12:00 Lunch
12:1:00 Gym time 
2:00-5:00 Teaching/Preparing 
5:00 Dinner 
6:00-9:00 Study 
10:30 Bed 
 
So pretty much as you can see, I eat and sit all my life. Spending a majority of my day learning Spanish is so exhausting and very stressful, but I have grown to love it so much!  Spanish is such a beautiful language and when I can understand it/kinda speak it, it is the best feeeling in the enitre world! 
I love this gospel and all it has to offer. The gift of tongues is so real! 

Funny story. So at 6:30 my alarm went off right? I open my eyes and there is this girl going through Hermana Smith's jewelry in a white nightgown with long black hair down to her bum. 
My first thought was, "am I in the wrong room?"  
I was so confused (mostly because I had just woken up). It was seriously really creepy. Then Hermana Mella got up and asked he if she was in the wrong room...she was. 
She just walked into my room! hahahhahaha In that moment she seriously looked like she was from a horror movie.

So super cool experience! On Monday Hermana Smith and I were preparing for our lesson for Marco. We were going to teach him about the Atonement and faith. In our preparation we were reading a scripture for our lesson and then we kept on reading in that chapter and found a really cool scripture on what the spirit feels like. I forgot where it was...but during our lesson he was saying how he doesn't think he has faith and that God doesn't really answer any of his questions. He said he couldn't recognize the spirit. He committed to baptism and we told him that we would help him prepare the best we could. We were so excited because we a literally just read a scripture about how it felt and it really hit him hard. That was such a cool testimony builder on how the spirit works in our lives. 
After that lesson Hermana Smith and I were super pumped and we had this huge plan to study more about the spirit and help Marco feel the spirit in our lesson on Thursday. We spent hours preparing and found some amazing scriptures that would help him and we also decided to learn "A child's Prayer" en espanol to sing to him (even though our singing is not the best hahah). We were so excited to teach him and when we got to the TRC lesson the director said Marco was getting sick and that he had to go home. WE WERE SO BUMMED. I was depressed pretty much the rest of the day. We were so excited to share our message with him and the fact that he was sick made me so so sad. If you can't tell Marco is my favorite investigator and is just the absolute best. It's amazing how being a missionary allows you to love people in ways that you have not experienced before. 

This past Sunday we watched the older Joseph Smith movie. I haven't seen it in a while....definitely cried. I love Jospeh Smith so much and I am so grateful for all the pain and trials he went through for this church. I am sometimes hesitant to share the restoration right then and there because I am always so afraid of what people will say about it, but I have realized that  Joseph's experience and the power of the Book of Mormon is what changes people the most. If we don't teach with the Book of Mormon we basically waste our time because every time you read it or testify about it the spirit is so so strong!

Thank you! Thank you for the letters! I love you all so much! The mission is so great and I'm still in denial that I am experiencing these amazing new changes in my life. I am so blessed to be with such a great district/zone. I am so excited because I finally get to go to the templo today!!!
I wish I had more to say. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! 

TE AMO! <3

Hermana Allen

Preparation Day in the MTC -Laundry

No comments:

Post a Comment