Friday, July 24, 2015

"I am not here in the MTC to learn Spanish...I am here at the MTC to learn how the Spirit communicates with me and His children."


Hola! 

Happy Pioneer Day. Basically its like a national holiday here and everything is closed. Once again no temple today :( 
I am half way through the MTC YIPPEE!
This week has gone by so fast and I am so excited to be a missionary. Its crazy how fast this is going. The other two districts in my zone got their travel plans and are leaving on Monday. Most of them are going to Argentina and it's so weird that our district will be the "oldest" in the zone. I still feel like I don't know anything, but I am so excited for the other missionaries who are leaving. We have all grown so close together here at the MTC both my district and my zone. I really do feel I have made some friends for life. 
One thing that has been super fun is during gym time our sand volleyball district games. Gotta love gym time. 

On Wednesday we got to go on exchanges with people in our zone. I was companions with Hermana Oldroyd and Hermana Mella! It was way fun! We got to teach new investigators and experience new teachers it was such a cool experience.
We taught our first lesson in the morning and I felt really frustrated at first because I felt like I was doing all the talking in spanish. I was thinking to myself "Why isnt Hermana Oldroyd saying anything she knows way more than I do!" Later that day we had a lesson taught by Hermano Olsen.  I have never had him as a teacher before and it was by far the most spiritual experience I have had here in el CCM. He did a "demo" lesson in class to show us how to ask "inspired questions" There would literally be a few minutes of silence during the lesson. At first I thought it was really awkward, but then after a while the spirit just hit me. I realized that earlier that day Hermana Oldroyd wasn't saying anything because she didnt want to, or because she didnt know what to say, but it was because she was waiting for the opportunities to have the spirit teach the investigator, or for her to feel inspired to ask a question. It was such a humbling experience. I am not here in the MTC to learn Spanish. When I get to Argentina I have a pretty good feeling that I will go right back to not knowing anything. I am here at the MTC to learn how the Spirit communicates with me and His children. 

On Sunday I even taught Relief Society about the Holy Ghost. It is so amazing how God was preparing me to hear what he wanted to tell me. Since being here in the MTC I realized how much I have been feeling the spirit on a day to day basis in my daily life. It was something I struggled with before coming on the mission, and honestly something I was nervous for. I have felt the spirit before, but I didn't know truly how the spirit communicated with me. I'm still learning, but I feel I have a better understanding on how the Spirit communicates with me and I'm really excited to see God's hand more in my life and throughout the mission. 

Thank you ALL for the letters and packages. You don't underestand how much they mean to me. In the MTC Letters/emails/packages are LIFE. Please keep sending...even if it's one sentece about your day I LOVE hearing from you all. 
Thank you Grandma and grandpa Allen for the letter and Grandma and Grandpa Merrill for the yummy brownies. (my district love them too). 
Mom, Hermana Smith and I are wearing the shirts you sent and all the Elder in our zone who are going to Argentina are super jealous. We got a lot of compliments on them. 

Dad, to answer your question....I teach Marco twice a week and the TRC investigaors we dont know for sure if they are real or not. I pretty sure Marco is a member though, but I still love him and he is the nicest person EVER. He helps me with my spanish and it great. All my lessons are in Spanish. I can't even imgaine what it would be like to teach in English. 

Also, any updates from Thomas?! I need to know about his life. 
I saw Heather Lane today and I just about cried. I miss Kimber so much. I think about her everyday and how she is probably fluent in Spanish. I also read Rebecca's general email today and I loved what she said about hope! I love missionary work and I SO HAPPY I made this decision. I can already see the blessings.
Pray. Pray all the time. 
Sister Vassau told me right before I left how that is all she did on her mission and I know see way. Prayer saves me. I wish I would have done it more often about everything in my life. Pray for others. It's amazing how much your testimony grows when you love others. 
I love you all so much! 
Have a great week! 

Hermana Allen   


Our MTC District

No comments:

Post a Comment